Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Tavin is looking for an intern!
Enid, our first intern at Tavin. We miss you!
NEW HIP VINTAGE CLOTHING AND CONCEPT BOUTIQUE SEEKS INTERN
Have you ever thought of owning your own boutique? Well now is your chance to learn the ropes! Seasoned costume designer/stylist Erin Tavin recently launched “Tavin”- a shop that carries vintage, new designer and lifestyle items in trendy Echo Park.
Candidates must be able to commit to a minimum of three months and work 15 hours per week (preferably 2 days/week). You can receive college credit for the internship.
Though this is an unpaid position, there is definitely room for growth for the right candidate. This internship is also an excellent opportunity to work with leaders in the fashion community, meet many creative types in the fashion world and gain hands-on experience and make contacts in fashion, marketing, PR, design and retail/resale businesses.
We seek a candidate with a passion for fashion, PR and marketing. There will be room for creative exchanges and input.
We’re seeking a hard worker who is highly organized, punctual, yet laid back (you will be working in a creative studio in a yurt, as well as at the boutique, with artsy, interesting people from the design world -- not a corporate environment).
It is imperative that the candidate be VERY COMPUTER literate. We work on a MAC platform—Candidates MUST be familiar with social networking sites and web 2.0 applications like facebook, myspace, blogger, flickr etc.
If you are not comfortable with these applications, please to not apply.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Live near Echo Park, where the creative studio and the boutique are located.
- Have a flexible schedule.
- Have retail experience preferably in a clothing boutique
- Be computer and internet savvy and be very familiar with the MAC platform and web 2.0 (facebook, twitter, etsy etc.)
- Like to research fashion on the internet
- Have a car and valid drivers license
- Have a lot of energy
- Know how to write with proper spelling and grammar, including formatting letters and emails.
- Be VERY reliable
- Be a self-starter, who can launch into projects with little direction and oversight.
EXTRA POINTS IF YOU:
- Are familiar with any or all of the adobe creative suite especially- photoshop and acrobat,
- Have a good eye and moonlight as a photographer, graphic artist or visual merchandiser.
- PR and marketing (writing press releases, assembling press packets, sending newsletters, event planning, customer and press relations, maintaining social networking pages).
- Assistance at special events (For example, compensated work at the Rose Bowl Flea Market)
- Light office work, including entering receipts, etc.
- Running occasional errands.
- Help with creative brainstorming, trend and fashion research, sourcing research and branding analysis
- Organizing, steaming, photographing clothing
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail resume, cover letter, and any applicable work samples to the attention of