Tavin Boutique seeks Springtime Intern. Have you ever thought of owning your own boutique? Well now is your chance to learn the ropes! Seasoned costume designer/stylist Erin Tavin recently launched "Tavin"- a shop that carries vintage, and lifestyle items in trendy Echo Park.
REQUIREMENTSCandidates must be able to commit to a minimum of three months and work 1 day a week. Must be available for minimum of 9 hrs on either Thursdays or Friday
Internship to start ASAP!
MUST HAVE OWN CAR & LIVE NEARBY.
Must have a lot of energy and a positive attitude.
We seek a candidate with a passion for fashion, PR and marketing. There will be room for creative exchanges and input. We're seeking a hard worker who is highly organized, very computer savvy, punctual. You will be working at the boutique with artsy, interesting people from the design world -- not a corporate environment.
MUST be happy to work at the shop steaming, organizing, and merchandising.
Though this is an internship position, there is definitely room for growth for the right candidate. There will also be opportunities to be paid hourly for extra work (such as markets). This internship is also an excellent opportunity to work with leaders in the fashion community, meet many creative types in the fashion world and gain hands-on experience and make contacts in fashion, marketing, PR, design and retail/resale businesses.
Candidate will be compensated for work on various vintage markets and expos. Must be able to help with set up, break down, and may require early morning hours. However this would only be required only every few months. And is a great learning experience to be exposed to new markets and meet designers.
MUST BE COMPUTER LITERATE.
It is imperative that the candidate be VERY COMPUTER literate there will be some press responsibilities in this internship. We work on a MAC platform - Candidates MUST be also familiar with social networking sites and web 2.0 applications like Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Flickr etc. If you have knowledge of the adobe create suite, Photoshop in particular, this is also a plus.
If you are not comfortable with these applications, please DO NOT APPLY
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
1. Live near Echo Park, where the creative studio and the boutique are located.
2. Have a flexible schedule.
3. Have retail experience preferably in a clothing boutique
4. Be computer and Internet savvy and be very familiar with the MAC platform, web 2.0 (Facebook, Twitter, Etsy etc.), and Photoshop.
5. Be familiar and enjoy researching fashion sites on the Internet
6. Have a car, valid drivers license, and be happy and willing to run ALOT of fashion related errands.
7. Have lots of energy
8. Be Fashion Forward
9. Be VERY reliable
10. Be a self-starter, who can launch into projects
11. BE VERY ORGANIZED!
EXTRA POINTS IF YOU:
1. Have your own Blog, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
2. Have experience working as a visual merchandiser or work on Etsy.
3. Work with Excel spread sheets is a major plus (with a potential paid role in this area)
4. Have your own online store is a plus
1. Learn how to run a small independent Boutique
2. Assistance at special events (For example, compensated work at the Rose Bowl Flea Market)
3. Office work and organization
4. Running errands. * Must be willing drive and to assistant in errands
5. Help with creative brainstorming, trend and fashion research, sourcing research and branding analysis
6. Organizing, steaming, tagging clothing
7. Re-merchandising store along with Seasonal Window Display
8. Many other tasks (be able to go with the flow)
9. Assist with Etsy & Promo Fashion Photo shoots
10.Assist in PR and marketing
You will be given travel compensation and PAID HOURLY for market/expo assistance.
Gas & Food will also be compensated for.
HOW TO APPLY
Must e-mail resume, cover letter, a photo of yourself, and any applicable work samples to the attention of Erin Tavin at email@example.com or see full ad @ http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ret/3610304534.html