TAVIN BOUTIQUE IN ECHO PARK SEEKS INTERN! Come on board for Fall!
Have you ever thought of owning your own boutique? Well now is your chance to learn the ropes! Seasoned costume designer/stylist Erin Tavin recently launched “Tavin”- a shop that carries vintage, new designer and lifestyle items in trendy Echo Park.
Candidates must be able to commit to a minimum of three months and work minimum 10 hours per week. Internship to start in September.
We seek a candidate with a passion for fashion, PR and marketing. There will be room for creative exchanges and input. We’re seeking a hard worker who is highly organized, very computer savvy, punctual, yet laid back (you will be working in a creative studio in a yurt, as well as at the boutique, with artsy, interesting people from the design world -- not a corporate environment).
Though this is an unpaid position, there is definitely room for growth for the right candidate. This internship is also an excellent opportunity to work with leaders in the fashion community, meet many creative types in the fashion world and gain hands-on experience and make contacts in fashion, marketing, PR, design and retail/resale businesses.
Candidate will be compensated for work on various vintage markets and expos. Must be able to help with set up, break down, and may require early morning hours. However this would only be required only every few months. And is a great learning experience to be exposed to new markets and meet designers.
MUST BE COMPUTER LITERATE.
It is imperative that the candidate be VERY COMPUTER literate there will be a lot of press responsibilities in this internship. We work on a MAC platform - Candidates MUST be also familiar with social networking sites and web 2.0 applications like Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Flickr etc. If you have knowledge of the adobe create suite, Photoshop in particular, this is also a plus.
If you are not comfortable with these applications, please DO NOT apply.
Candidate MUST be a hard worker to apply to this internship.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
1. Live near Echo Park, where the creative studio and the boutique are located.
2. Have a flexible schedule.
3. Have retail experience preferably in a clothing boutique
4. Be computer and Internet savvy and be very familiar with the MAC platform, web 2.0
Facebook, Twitter, Etsy etc.), and Photoshop.
5. Be familiar and enjoy researching fashion sites on the Internet
6. Have a car, valid drivers license, and be happy and willing to run a lot of errands. .
7. Have lots of energy
8. Be Fashion Forward
9. Be able to write and format business letters.
10. Be VERY reliable
11. Be a self-starter, who can launch into projects
12. Be VERY ORGANIZED!
EXTRA POINTS IF YOU:
1. Have your own Blog and are familiar and/or have Facebook and Twitter accounts.
2. Have experience working as a visual merchandiser or as an Etsyian on Etsy.
3. Work with Excel spread sheets is a major plus
4. Have your own online store is a plus
1. PR and marketing (writing press releases, assembling press packets, sending newsletters,
event planning, customer and press relations, maintaining social networking pages).
2. Assistance at special events (For example,compensated work at the Rose Bowl Flea Market)
3. Office work and organization
4. Running errands.
5. Help with creative brainstorming, trend and fashion research, sourcing research and branding
6. Organizing, steaming, tagging photos
7. Re-merchandising store along with Seasonal Window Display
8. Many other tasks (be able to go with the flow)
You will be given travel compensation and paid compensation for market/expo help!
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail resume, cover letter, and any applicable work samples to the attention of Erin Tavin